Monday, September 21, 2015

When Someone Becomes Your Person




The other day I read that a person meets around 100,000 people in a lifetime. Seconds after, I started counting how many people I've met so far and gave up five minutes later. I have a good memory, but the task seemed a bit impossible!
I spent days with the idea stuck on my mind. How many of those 100,000 people you meet will end up being part of your life? I would say no more than 1,000. And how many of them will be an impact or a big influence for you? 10 maybe? 50 tops?
Today I want to talk about people who change your life. We all have or have had that someone who changes the game for you and becomes your ally. You know, someone who's your partner in crime, your best friend, your person (Grey's Anatomy reference). You probably thought of someone already, didn't you? I have.
It's weird how they cross your way out of nowhere. Sometimes it takes time to notice it or maybe you know right from the beginning. They tear up your walls, and they catch you when you fall. It might feel weird at first, but you know they're your safe place. And we owe everything to them because without them, we wouldn't be the persons we are today. 
So go ahead and call your person. Thank them for the impact they've been in your life, and remind them that you love them. Because there's never bad timing when it comes to telling someone how important they are for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment