Monday, August 3, 2015

Sometimes It's Meant To Be


I should probably tell you about this right now, since it's been a big part of my life, and it will increase in time. 
Have you ever had a place, a person, a number, or an object that no matter where life gets you, it's always related to that something? I have. And let me tell you something, it wasn't expected. 
On July 2012, I had my first trip to Europe along with 30 Australians. It was quite an experience and the start of something new. This trip was two weeks long, and, for that time, they were like my family. They were all older than me, except for this girl who was my age named Diana. We instantly clicked and became inseparable. It was too sad to say goodbye to her, and I honestly thought it was the end of that friendship. 
Three years have passed now, and we are still friends. She's actually one of the most special people I've ever met. We try to keep in touch, and every time we Skype, it's the best. Ever since that trip, I've found myself surrounded by Australians. Why? I don't know yet. In every trip I go to, I see them. In my university, there are many Aussies who come to study Spanish and the mexican culture. In my building, I have two neighbours from Australia. And the Australia Embassy is right around the corner. See? I'm surrounded by them!
For the next three months, I'm going to be an intern for the Australian Embassy, and I'm too excited about that. I'm going to be learning about the culture and helping with social media. Maybe, I'll get to do some projects of mine about this new adventure. So, if I talk a lot about Australia for the rest of the year or something like that, you know why.
I must confess, I've become a fan of Aussies, I just love how bubbly they can be. And I can't wait to visit their beautiful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment