Thursday, January 28, 2016

What It's Like To Reach A Milestone




This has been the best week of the year (so far), and yesterday it was one of the best days of my entire life. Are you ready? Because I'm about to tell you why. 
Australia Day is celebrated on January 26th, and I decided to make a video for the Embassy's Facebook page to celebrate it. They told me they wanted a video with photos and text, but they also told me they wanted something different. And I decided to follow those wishes. 
I've worked at the Australian Embassy for six months now, and I've learned so much about the country. I'm totally in love with it! So my goal on this video was to express how I felt about Australia. 

I spent last Sunday working on my ideas and ended up creating something I'm really proud of. My bosses were completely speechless when they saw it and showed it to the whole Embassy staff the very next day. We celebrated Australia Day with drinks at a bar, and it ended up being a celebration of my video. 
Everyone, including the Ambassador, came up to me and said "Congratulations, I loved your video!" They kept saying how talented I was and how big I was gonna be in the future (professionally speaking, of course). I honestly thought that was it, until I found out my video went viral and got more than 45,000 views! People commented on the video, they shared it, and they liked it. There was even another Facebook page who shared it and said the nicest thing about me! I mean, seriously?! That's totally insane!!
I ended my day with dinner and margaritas with two dear friends and three Aussies. And yesterday I went to work feeling the proudest. I've been feeling so amazing that I even shared it on Facebook! And I got more compliments! I still think it's completely insane and ridiculous, like this is just a dream I don't want to wake up from.
I guess the best way to describe how I've been feeling is one of my favorite songs called "Long Live" by Taylor Swift. If you haven't listened to it, please do because it's amazing. Like I said at the beginning, this has been the best week. I have loved every second of this experience, and I can't wait to live more like this one. This is definitely one feeling I don't want to stop having, and I'll do my best to keep creating things that make myself proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment