Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Because Music Has The Spark To Take You To Places



About a month ago, I had two mayor revelations that I didn't see coming at all. Mark Atkins, a very important Australian musician, came to Mexico to give a couple of concerts. I heard a lot about him in the past, and I was so excited to see him live, but I didn't expect to end up feeling so mesmerised.
The first revelation happened when Mark Atkins started playing the didgeridoo, which is an Australian aboriginal instrument made of bamboo. Its sound is so unique, and it's amazing because it takes you to a whole new world. I don't know how to explain it, but the instrument has a very powerful vibe you can't miss. I didn't think it could get better after Mark Atkins did his solo, but then the drums and the piano happened. I was completely speechless, and I couldn't stop moving my body. I couldn't help but smile because of how great I was feeling thanks to Mark Atkins and his wonderful music. I totally recommend listening to him, he's amazing.
The second revelation happened in the middle of the event. I wasn't at the concert just to enjoy it, I was there because of work.  I'm a big fan of videography, and that day I was assigned to film the entire concert. As I mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of Haugen Creative, and this was my first time doing this. To be honest, days before I was doubting if videography was something I wanted to do as a profession or a hobby. I love following videographers' work, but maybe I just enjoyed it was an spectator. I proved myself wrong. I realised I'm passionate about videography. How did I know this? Well, there was a moment when I stopped and said to myself "I love my job", I looked around and realised my cheeks were hurting because I had a big smile on my face the whole time. I thought it was because of the music, and partly it was, but the other reason was videography. And I was sure of it because right when I found out I was smiling, I dropped tears of joy. I just loved how being behind the camera makes you pay more attention to what you're watching. You have to think in advance all the time and be prepared to catch the small details. I just can't wait to make more videography in my life and improve my passion.
I guess you can tell I had a great time at the Mark Atkins concert. You might think the video it's not the best you've seen in your life, but I think it's good for my first time. I decided to upload it and share it with you, so you can join me in this new adventure I'm decided to follow. I promise you, I'll get better, and I'll be sharing new projects with you. I sure can't wait to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment